Thank you for considering Young Cabinetry, we appreciate the opportunity to provide your custom cabinet package. Our goal is to deliver superior customer service and high-quality custom cabinets you’ll enjoy for years to come. The custom cabinet design-build process can be overwhelming, but we do our best to make it smooth and relatively simple. Our dedicated team works together with you to make your vision a reality.
Initial Meeting: We meet you on site or at our showroom.
- Remodel – One of our professionals will meet you on site to take measurements of the space & discuss the scope of the project
- New Construction – Meet us at our showroom to discuss your project and look at your prints for space planning.
We can also generate a proposal from your plans if you already have a design
Design: Our team works with you on design, selections of woods, finishes, door styles, accessories, etc. You can get a head start on this by keeping a “vision file”. Each time you see something you love; save it to the file (this works great on Houzz or Pinterest). This will help us understand your style and preferences. (If you have an Interior Designer, Builder, Remodeler, or other design professional, you may have already started this process with them).
- Following the initial meeting, we will provide a ballpark estimate based on what we have discussed / planned so far. If our ballpark is in line with your budget, we will move forward with the first set of drawings, and we ask for a 2.5% design retainer in exchange for the full set of plans
- Design fees are paid at the time of presentation of the initial design, are non-refundable, and are credited toward the cost of your cabinets upon placing an order with us
- We work directly with you to make any design revisions, and value your input with regards to the cabinet layout / style. Our initial design provides a starting point to discuss some different features & options, and we can narrow down the selections as we go through the process
Proposal: When your design is complete and your selections have been made, we will present you with a complete design / drawing package and final proposal.
- The following information is required in order to provide the final proposal and drawings:
- Appliances – manufacturer & model numbers (if applicable)
- Sinks – manufacturer & model numbers (if applicable)
- Species and finish selections
- Accessory and glass selections (if applicable)
- Desired delivery date (delivery dates will be affected by any changes made after final approval and current production schedule)
Field Measure: After final framing is in place, a Young Cabinetry representative will come to your home for final measurements (if necessary). Any modifications that need to be made based on site conditions / measurements will be incorporated into the production drawings.
Sign-Off: Once the design is complete and pricing is approved, you will sign off on drawings and spec sheets and place a 50% deposit to order your cabinets. All selections are final at this time, and any changes made after sign-off may result in additional charges and/or a delay in production.
Building your Cabinets: Once you approve your final drawings and the final field measure has taken place, your custom order can be constructed. It is typically about 6-8 weeks before cabinets are finished and ready for delivery (lead time varies depending on scope of project & current production schedule).
Delivery: Young Cabinetry will contact you to arrange your delivery date and time. Your cabinets are wrapped in bubble wrap, then delivered by Young Cabinetry team members. The second 50% payment is due at the time of delivery.
Installation: Your contractor / builder will normally have an installer they prefer to use. If you would like a local referral, we will share contractor’s names we have worked with in the past. You or your contractor / builder are responsible for scheduling with the installer, and paying them directly.